Source: Environment Canterbury Regional Council
Update 2. 23 March, 2020
Following the Prime Ministers’ announcement today, Environment Canterbury office buildings are closed to the public until further notice. This includes the MetroInfo counter at the Bus Interchange.
We will only be operating our offices for essential services staff until further notice.
All of our staff will be working remotely, but you will still be able to contact our Customer Services staff by calling 0800 324 636 (Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm) or visit our contact us page.
Major changes to bus services due to COVID-19:
- From Thursday 26 March all bus services will run to the Sunday timetable, and will be for essential travel only. To help protect our drivers and to maintain the service, buses will have rear boarding only, and fares will not be required.
- There are some exceptions and extensions to the normal Sunday timetables, to support people relying on public transport to reach essential services. Full details are available at Metroinfo.
- The Bus Interchange will be closed from Thursday 26 March and all central city services will use the Manchester St super stops instead.
- In Timaru, fixed route buses stop on Thursday, and MyWay is available for essential trips only. People needing to use public transport for the legitimate reasons set out by the Government may book by calling 688 5544.
While our parks are open to walkers/runners and cyclists, the firm message from the Government during COVID-19 Alert Level Four is to stay home, and when you need to get fresh air or exercise, do it close to home and ensure you keep a two-metre distance from other people at all times. To help support this, there will be restricted access to vehicles and shared facilities at our parks:
- There will be no vehicle access (including trail bikes) to the Waimakariri River Regional Park areas, and toilet blocks will be locked.
- At the Lake Tekapo Regional Park, the NZMCA caravan park will be closed, along with the toilet facilities.
If you need to contact us, please call 0800 324 636, and ask for the Duty Ranger.
Government COVID-19 updates
See the Government’s dedicated website covid19.govt.nz for the latest updates and advice.
You can also visit the Ministry of Health website for further detailed health information.