Source: Auckland Council
In normal circumstances, Auckland Council works closely with NGOs to provide outreach services across the Auckland region.
In the lead up to this response and the current Alert Level 4, this responsibility has transitioned to Auckland Emergency Management to ensure Auckland’s response is joined up with health agencies and other government departments. The same groups and council teams remain involved, providing support and coordination on the ground.
Mayor Phil Goff says the health and wellbeing of all Aucklanders is important during these unprecedented times and our rough sleeper community is no exception.
“Our teams are working with NGOs to ensure support is in place for people sleeping rough on our streets,” he said.
The inter-agency group in Auckland is working together to get essential information to rough sleepers, confirm the use of public facilities for shelter, toilets and showers and for food preparation, and provide support for continued outreach services. They will also look at the potential to add health personnel to outreach teams and offer guidance on any community-led initiatives that are put forward.
Need medical care?
Call Healthline free on 0800 358 5453
The following information is for the support and wellbeing of rough sleepers only. Visit the government covid19.govt.nz website for more.
City Centre only:
- Visit the Calder Centre at Auckland City Mission – phone 09 303 9207 for appointment
- Visit Merge Café at 10am daily to speak to the Street Reach team
Need food parcels, shelter or other support?
Call the free government helpline on 0800 779 997
- Visit Auckland City Mission (23 Union Street, Auckland Central) or phone 09 303 9200
- Food distribution 11am to 1pm daily
- Accommodation support 2pm to 3pm daily
- Visit Merge Café (outside 453 Karangahape Road, Auckland Central) at 10am daily to speak to the Street Reach team
- Salvation Army Waitakere (7-9 View Road, Henderson) – visit between 8am and 11am, Monday to Saturday
- VisionWest – call free 0800 887 667 (food) or 09 818 0706 (housing)
- Kāhui Tū Kaha – call free on 0800 855 755
- Link People – call free on 0800 932 432
Toilets available for rough sleepers
- Victoria Park
- 62 High Street (Victoria St carpark)
- Wellesley Street West (Bledisloe)
- Pitt Street (Beresford Square)
- 20 Fort Street
- Myers Park
- Western Park, Ponsonby
- Auckland Domain Grandstand
- Wesley Community Centre carpark
- Keith Hay Park, Mt Roskill
- Pt England Reserve
- Potters Park, Balmoral
- 4a Bellwood Avenue, Mt Eden
- 31 Railside Ave, Henderson
- Tui Glen Reserve, Henderson
- Glenmall Place, Glen Eden
- Olympic Park, New Lynn
- Behind the library in Manurewa
- Hayman Park, Manukau
- Mangere Town Centre, 121 Bader Dr
- Toilet Shower Block Ambury Park
- Ngāti Otara Park, Otara
- Central Park, Papakura
- Tamakae Reserve, Waiuku
- The Strand, Takapuna Beach
- Marlborough Park, Glenfield
- Little Shoal Bay, Northcote
- Hooten Reserve, Albany
- Toilet Block Army Bay, Whangaparaoa
- Creek Lane, Helensville
- 1A Baxter St, Warkworth
- 118 Rodney Rd, Wellsford
List correct as at 25 March 2020 and subject to change. For the latest details, please call 09 301 0101.