Source: MIL-OSI Submissions
Source: Opinion Compare
The latest research by Opinion Compare reveals a shift in issues we feel passionate about as Kiwis focus their attention on COVID-19. When asked about the one issue they felt most passionate about, Health or Medical News has seen a dramatic increase largely at the expense of the environment.
In order to gauge an understanding of which issues were most important to people, Opinion Compare re-contacted respondents who had joined in January 2020 and answered questions about Social Issues. The comparison survey of n=188 was carried out on 17-19 March.
View Attached Table: Most important issue to Kiwis Pre-Coronavirus survey versus Coronavirus survey
Top 3 social issues Pre-Coronvirus:
1. The Environment 32%
2. Health or Medical News 13%
3. Government and politics 11%
Top 3 issues March 2020
1. Health or Medical News 35%
2. The Environment 19%
3. Government and politics 9%
– Health or Medical news has increased significantly from 13% in the Social issues survey to 35% in the March recontact Coronavirus survey, when respondents were asked which ‘one’ issue they feel most passionate about.
– Pre-March Coronavirus survey, the number one issue respondents were most passionate about was the environment (32%), which has decreased to 19% in the March survey.
About Opinion Compare
Opinion Compare is the research arm of NZ Compare and offers an independent and affordable way to deliver Kiwi opinions into NZ business decision makers. We created Opinion Compare for brands and agencies operating in NZ because they were making poorly informed decisions which led to costly mistakes. We provide a range of ways to get the insights you require. Traditional qualitative and quantitative research methodologies are covered as well as new and different approaches if required. We’re passionate about creating a world where consumer opinions help shape and deliver better products and services for everyone.