Source: Auckland Council
This half-day course focuses on utilising the new Navigating the Journey Years 9 and 10 resources to deliver comprehensive relationship and sexuality education programmes to Year 9 – 10 students, as well as in alternative education settings. (Note that these resources are reviewed and updated versions of the Hei Huarahi resources.)
The course includes:
• An in-depth exploration of the Navigating the Journey Years 9 and 10 resources, including themes, lesson plans and activities
• The approach that underpins the resource
• How to create a positive and safe learning environment for teaching relationship and sexuality education
• Understandings and skills to enhance relationships
• Practice responding to questions
• Recommended resources, support agencies and organisations
Suitable for teachers and community staff who teach relationship and sexuality education at Years 9 and 10.
Family Planning also offers free in-school teacher professional development and capability building nationally. Please contact us to discuss this option if the upcoming course dates and times do not work for your school or organisation.
Please bring along your devices.