What we are doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements for the supply of rehabilitation equipment, patient positioning products and supports (“Rehabilitation Products”) with the following suppliers:
- Active Healthcare (NZ) Limited (“Active Healthcare”);
- Allied Medical Limited (“Allied Medical”);
- Amtech Medical Limited (“Amtech”); and
- Permobil New Zealand Limited (“Permobil”).
In summary this will result in:
- Rehabilitation products from the suppliers listed above being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 April 2020 under national agreements that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreements”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of rehabilitation equipment as the Agreements are not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposals?
This decision was subject to two consultation letters:
During the consultation period the agreement with Active Healthcare was amended to include an additional option for supply of equipment. The products included in the agreements with Active Healthcare and Permobil were updated to reflect the product ranges that they supply.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
- DHB staff
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- DHB procurement and supply chain
- Neurologists and Neurosurgeons
- Occupational therapists
- Orthopaedic surgeons
- Rehabilitation physicians (including spinal units)
- Speech-language therapists
Detail about this decision
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the evaluation process, and consulting on the provisional Agreements reached with Active Healthcare, Allied Medical, Amtech and Permobil, PHARMAC has decided to list the four suppliers Rehabilitation Products in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 April 2020.
DHBs can continue to choose which rehabilitation products they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase
from Active Healthcare, Allied Medical, Amtech or Permobil must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreements from 1 April 2020.
The Agreements include terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by the suppliers on the appropriate use of its Rehabilitation Products, which is to be provided at times and in formats as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
All consultation responses received by the closing dates were considered in their entirety in making the decision to list
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
No technical or resource impacts anticipated as a result of the proposal.
Positive feedback received regarding the quality of the overhead ceiling hoists supplied by Active Healthcare.
Feedback received that the Active Healthcare financial analysis provided to DHBs did not reflect the price paid by a DHB and would result in a price increase for one product code.
Additional information provided by Active Healthcare to ensure that there would be no negative financial impact as a result of the proposal.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.
Last updated: 11 March 2020