Source: New Zealand Transport Agency
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency advises State Highway 29A between the Baypark and Te Maunga roundabouts will be closed for two weekends to allow for stone column ground improvement work.
SH29A between the roundabouts will be closed from:
- 8pm Friday 31 January until 5am Monday 3 February and
- 8pm Friday 14 February until 5am Monday 17 February.
Detours will be in place along Truman Lane, Mangatawa Link Road and the Mangatawa Interchange/Sandhurst Drive.
Please use alternative routes where possible or plan your travel for outside these hours. This work is weather dependent, and if delayed will be carried out on the next suitable weekend(s).
Further works will see the northbound lanes of SH2 between Sandhurst Drive offramp and Te Maunga roundabout closed overnight only from 8pm until 5am on Monday 17 February, Tuesday 18 February and Wednesday 19 February 2020 (finishing Thursday morning).
The Transport Agency thanks road users for their patience and ongoing co-operation while construction of the Baypark to Bayfair Link project continues.
- SH29A to Mount Maunganui: detour from Baypark roundabout along Truman Lane, Mangatawa Link Road, turn left at the traffic signals before crossing the bridge onto SH2 Tauranga Eastern Link (TEL) towards Mount.
- SH29A to Pāpāmoa/Te Puke: detour from Baypark roundabout along Truman Lane, Mangatawa Link Road, cross Mangatawa Interchange, turn right onto SH2 TEL.
- Mount Maunganui to SH29A: take Sandhurst Drive exit from the TEL, turn right at the traffic signals, cross Mangatawa Bridge and follow detour along Mangatawa Link Road and Truman Lane to Baypark roundabout.
- Pāpāmoa/Te Puke to SH29A: take Sandhurst Drive exit from the TEL, turn left at the traffic signals and follow detour along Mangatawa Link Road and Truman Lane to Baypark roundabout.
For more information about the Bay Link project, go to www.nzta.govt.nz/baylink(external link)
Plan ahead for a safe, enjoyable journey this summer. Keep up to date with: