Source: Health Quality and Safety Commission
The Perinatal and Maternal Mortality Review Committee (PMMRC) is seeking a new member to join its Neonatal Encephalopathy Working Group.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 9 December 2019.
PMMRC is appointed under section 59e of the New Zealand Public Health and Disability Act 2000 by the Health Quality & Safety Commission. The Neonatal Encephalopathy Working Group is a working group established in 2007 under PMMRC. The purpose of the working group is to review data with the aim of improving outcomes and services for babies with neonatal encephalopathy.
We are requesting nominations and applications for a secondary care paediatrician to join the working group. The applicant will have expertise in paediatrics and knowledge and experience in health service provision for Māori.
All applicants are required to have:
- experience working with Māori and Pacific peoples
- wide professional and cultural networks
- credibility in relevant communities and respect of peers
- strong personal integrity and ethical behaviour
- commitment to the issues at the heart of the working group’s business
- critical appraisal skills, well developed written and oral skills, strategic thinking
- appropriate clinical or professional experience
- ability to engage with the other members of the committee and contribute constructively
- Māori health expertise and critical understanding of impact of inequity.
Collectively, the working group should have combined knowledge and expertise in:
- obstetrics and gynaecology
- clinical epidemiology
- neonatal nursing
- health quality and risk management
- consumer engagement
- understanding of Māori and Pacific health.
If you would like to nominate any suitable candidates, please complete the nomination form below and email it to MRCsecretariat@hqsc.govt.nz.
If you would like to apply directly, without nomination, please complete the application form below and provide a current curriculum vitae to the same email address.
For background on the working group, view the Perinatal and Maternal Mortality review committee website.
If you would like to know more about the functions and activities of the working group please view the terms of reference below.