Source: Sports New Zealand
Funding Launched to help more young women get and stay active
4 April 2019
Two new funds designed to get more young women physically active through play, active recreation and sport have launched today.
Sport New Zealand is investing a total of $3 million over the next three years to support projects designed to get more young women physically active and develop leadership opportunities through play, active recreation and sport.
In year one, investment is split across two funds – the Young Women’s Activation Fund and Innovations for Young Women Fund. Initiatives that specifically target young women aged 12 to 18 will be eligible.
The funds deliver to the leadership and participation outcomes of the Women and Girls in Sport and Active Recreation Strategy and will support initiatives and activities that help realise the strategy. Visit www.sportnz.org.nz/womenandgirls for more information.
The Young Women’s Activation Fund is now open for applications and the Innovations for Young Women will open soon.
Young Women’s Activation Fund
• Sport NZ is interested in working with national and regional organisations who can demonstrate an ability to engage young women in play, active recreation and sport.
• Focus on targeting young women aged 12-18 to get and stay active and/or developing their leadership skills
• Eligible organisations can apply for $30 – $300k per project over a maximum of three years to support their initiatives
• Applications open Thursday 4 April
• Applications close Friday 17 May
• For more information and to read the funding guidelines visit www.sportnz.org.nz/womenandgirls
Innovations for Young Women Fund
• This is designed for smaller organisations or teams to submit their best innovative ideas which target young women aged 12-18 to get and stay active
• The successful teams will be invited to develop their ideas at an innovation weekend, which will include expert advice and support
• Following the innovation weekend, developed ideas are then eligible to apply for one-off funding of up to $25,000 per project
• Applications open Thursday 18 April
• Applications close Friday 27 May