Source: Companies Office – Press Release/Statement:
Headline: Updating a director’s ASIC details
If a company has no directors living in New Zealand but has one or more directors living in Australia, at least one of them must be a director of an Australian company, and these details must be kept up-to-date on the New Zealand Companies Register.
Authority to update a director’s ASIC details
To update a director’s Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) details you must have:
- a RealMe® login
- an online services account with the Companies Register
- authority to manage information on behalf of your company.
How to update a director’s ASIC details
To update a director’s ASIC details log in to your online services account and follow these steps.
- From the Manage and Maintain menu, select Maintain directors.
- Search for and select the company you want to update.
- Select the Directors tab.
- Click on the Update details button next to the name of the director whose details have changed.
- Click on the Change button next to the existing residential address.
- Enter the new residential address details and click on the Use This Address button.
- Enter the correct date in the Change of this address effective from field.
- On the Australian company directorship screen, enter the ACN and click on the Retrieve Company Details button.
- Select the first Change button and update the ACN and/or company name.
- Select the second Change button next to the registered office address.
- Enter the new registered office address details and click on the Use This Address button.
- Click on the Submit button.
- You will be then asked to review your details. Once this is done, confirm by clicking on the Submit button again.