Source: New Zealand Government Office of Ethnic Affairs
Before registering for our Nominations Service, check your suitability using the checklist below.
- Do you have experience as a Chief Executive or Senior Manager in a commercial, professional or community organisation?
- Have you been a chair or president of a community group?
- Do you have governance experience? Your experience might include a position on one or more of the following:
- State sector board or committee
- Private sector board of directors
- Local or regional council
- Regulatory or professional body
- School board of trustees
- Religious or community organisation
- Do you have specialist qualifications and/or work experience? For example, extensive experience in any of the following:
- Financial management
- Banking and insurance
- Barrister or solicitor
- Risk and assurance
- Strategic development and senior business management
- Change management and organisational development
- Health and safety management
- Applied technical fields in engineering
- Infrastructure, transport and logistics
- Science and technology
- Big data
- Research and development
- Media and communications
- Arts and culture
- Social services
- Engagement with Crown and public sector agencies
If you have answered ‘yes’ to three or more questions, you may be a suitable candidate.
We do not nominate public servants to state sector boards and committees, however previous experience as a public servant can be valuable. The Cabinet Office circular CO (02) 5 Appointment of Public Servants to Statutory Boards has further information.
Published: Monday 17 December 2018