Source: Auckland Council
Magical September continues at Ellerslie Village, where sparkly fairies and pint-sized pirates took part in the fairy festival on Sunday 9 September.
An estimated 6000 people came to the event, which is now in its 18th year. Among the most popular attractions were a Peter Pan show, face painting and candyfloss.
Ōrākei Local Board member Rosalind Rundle says the festival seems to get bigger every year.
“We have started a survey and so far 86 per cent of people say it was a good event or better,” she said.
“We had a great time! Thanks so much for providing a fun-filled free morning. We have attended the last 5 years and every year is brilliant.” – Survey respondent
More events this month
If you missed out last weekend, there are still plenty of activities coming up.
- Sunday 16 September 12-3pm
Union Post Kids Pirate Zone
Parents can enjoy lunch while our friendly pirate entertains the children in the Kids Zone.
- Sunday 30 September 11am-3pm
Fairy and Pirate Crafts Morning
Meet a real-life fairy and pirate for crafts and entertainment.
Also at Ellerslie Village throughout September:
- Find where the fairies live: there are 25 fairy doors along the trail throughout the village.
- Stop in at a local café for a fairy or pirate morning or afternoon tea.
- Hunt for pirate treasure.
- Post a letter to a fairy and they might reply!
- Have a go at the colouring competition. Pick up an entry form from Denise Lee MP’s office or from ellerslievillage.co.nz. You could win a $30 Warehouse Stationery Voucher.
Magical September 2018 is proudly brought to you by the Ellerslie Business Association with the support of the Ōrākei Local Board.
Find out more