Source: Auckland Council
Tuesday 14 August 2018, 7.00pm – Tuesday 18 September 2018, 9.00pm
- 14 Aug, 7pm-9pm – Birkdale Community House
- 21 Aug, 7pm-9pm – Birkdale Community House
- 28 Aug, 7pm-9pm – Birkdale Community House
- 1 Sep, 10am-12pm – Bayview School
- 4 Sep, 7pm-9pm – Birkdale Community House
- 11 Sep, 7pm-9pm – Birkdale Community House
- 15 Sep, 10am–12pm – Bayview School
- 18 Sep, 7pm-9pm – Birkdale Community House
Birkdale Community House, 134 Birkdale Road, Birkdale, Auckland
Saturday classes held at Bayview School, 60 Bayview Rd, Bayview, Auckland
09 482 1172
Thinking about keeping bees? Here’s a taster course that will show you what’s involved plus give you a bit of hands-on experience. This is a great 8-part starter course.
The course is over 8 weeks – including two hands-on sessions with local hives – and covers:
- the legal requirements
- hiveware and siting hives
- bee biology and how to acquire bees
- bee health and management
- the products of the hive.
Classes held each Tuesday 14 August – 18 September, with two Saturday classes also.
Your Tutor – Dave Grant
Dave Grant is a local beekeeper and has been keeping beehives on his property for years. He is passionate about establishing healthy, happy and productive hives and wants to teach others about how they can best keep bees in an urban setting.