Source: MIL-OSI Submissions
Information and communication technology supply survey: 2017
Key facts: The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Supply Survey measures the sale of goods and services from businesses associated with ICT industries. In 2017, the survey was reduced in size and coverage to cover the sales of software and services, excluding ICT goods and communication services and other ICT services.
- Sales of ICT software and services were worth $7.4 billion in 2017, 17 percent more than in 2014.
- Sales of hosting and IT infrastructure provisioning services rose 84 percent to $1.6 billion. This value is 28 percent of the total sales of IT services, up from 18 percent in 2014. The increase reflects the trend towards providing cloud-hosting services.
- 25 percent of the value of all sales of ICT services and software came from published software.
- Sales of IT services increased 16 percent to $5.6 billion.
- Exports of IT services was 11 percent of the total sales of ICT software and services in 2017, up from 9 percent in 2014.
For more information about these statistics:
Tables (Excel) information-and-communication-technology-supply-survey-2017.xlsx