MIL OSI – Source: Show Me Shorts Film Festival – Release/Statement
Headline: New Zealand shorts in Taiwan | Show Me Shorts Film Festival
Show Me Shorts is more than a festival, we advocate for the short film art form and the short film community. As such, we are regularly invited to curate selections of New Zealand short films to screen at high profile festivals around the world.
We are excited to present a selection of top short films from New Zealand at Taiwan’s Kaohsiung Film Festival 2016, which starts next week.
The films that will play are:
- Uphill, directed by Jackie van Beek
- Home, directed by Thomas Gleeson
- The Tide Keeper, directed by Alyx Duncan
- Ross and Beth, directed by Hamish Bennett
- Coconut, directed by Charlie Bleakley
- Friday Tigers, directed by Aidee Walker
- Ten Thousand Days, directed by Michael Duignan
Our Festival Director Gina Dellabarca will be attending to introduce the films and speak about the important role of short films in Aotearoa.
Kaohsiung Film Festival is an important international cultural event. The host city of Kaohsiung is the largest in southern Taiwan, but the festival also has screenings in Taipei.
Catherine Wang of Kaohsiung Film Festival says: “This year we’re deeply honored to be able to collaborate with Show Me Shorts Film Festival and to screen a NZ programme both in Taipei and Kaohsiung.”
There are three screenings of the New Zealand programme:
- 11am 26 October in Taipei
- 7pm 26 October in Kaohsiung
- 1:50pm 2 November in Kaohsiung
Watch the trailer for this programme on Facebook here.