|Kia ora Peace Friends,
Two things here require your urgent attention this week. First, there is a Peace Rally this Saturday in Auckland, and second, the government is backpedalling on its own UN Security Council Resolution on illegal settlements in Palestine.
- Rally for Peace, Saturday, May 6 @ 2pm, Aotea Square
Come join with others in building peace & standing for justice.
- No NZ troops to Syria or Korea
- Get NZ troops out of Iraq & Afghanistan!
- An independent investigation into the war crimes in Hit and Run
- Welcome refugees!
Speakers, music & activities.
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1929416213961508/
- Tell Gerry Brownlee to stand strong for Palestine
Just days after becoming the new NZ Foreign Minister, Gerry Brownlee is backpedaling on the UN Security Council Resolution condemning illegal Israeli settlements on Palestinian land calling it “premature”. The resolution was actually long overdue!
The resolution angered the Israeli government, and it withdrew its ambassador to New Zealand. Speaking truth to power is hard. We need to tell Brownlee to stand strong for Palestine, not grovel to the Israeli government.
Email the Minister and tell him
- You support the UN Security Resolution calling for an end to illegal Israeli settlements, and all previous UN resolutions on the Occupied Territories
- You want NZ to call for Israel and all nations to comply with international law
- NZ should stand strong for a just settlement including the end to the occupation of all Palestinian lands.
Thanks for your work! We’ll see you on Saturday.
Auckland Peace Action