MIL OSI – Source: Global Peace and Justice Auckland – Release/Statement
Headline: Union Organisers wanted Auckland region
Union Organisers wanted Auckland region
December 19, 2016
Leave a comment
Unite has vacancies for two Organisers in the Auckland region,
– a permanent part-time position and
– a permanent full-time position
Both positions will be based in Auckland
The successful applicants will primarily be recruiting and organising workers in the Call Centre, Fast Food and Cinema sectors, although they may also be involved in other sectors that Unite represents from time to time.
We are looking for people with:
· A strong commitment to working people and the union movement.
· An ability to improve the quality of Unite members’ working lives.
· The skills to develop and support members and delegates in dealing with issues impacting on their working lives.
· The ability to directly recruit new union members and support delegate recruitment on worksites.
· Negotiation skills are an advantage, however training will be provided.
· Excellent communication, advocacy and leadership skills.
· Good computer and social media skills.
· An ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
· A current full driver’s license.
Skills and experience with migrant workers would be an advantage.
There are a number of options available for work transport, including reimbursement for the use of a personal vehicle, financial assistance to purchase a suitable vehicle and provision of union vehicle.
Terms and conditions are offered in accordance with the Unite Staff Collective Employment Agreement. Unite is an accredited Living Wage employer.
Please apply in writing, including a CV and contact details for up to three referees.
Applications and requests for more information can be sent to:
Phone 021 02940345
Fax: 09 846 9509
PO Box 7175, Wellesley St, Auckland 1141
Applications close 5pm on Wednesday 4th January 2017.